"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Friday, July 29, 2011

i hope that your heart is always warm

Now, it's no secret that I love all things related to s'mores (I've made s'more desserts here and here). In a random fit of boredom last night, I decided to whip up a s'more cake/brownie/cookie. It was so easy, and definitely tastes just like summer, exactly what I needed.
 I started with a box of chocolate cake mix, and I combined it with one egg and a stick of softened butter.  Once mixed, I added in a generous amount of semi-sweet chocolate chips and then I placed it in a greased glass pan.
 Next, I crumbled graham crackers on top.
 I then added another generous amount of chocolate chips, and then I drizzled on about 3/4 of a 14 oz can of condensed milk. The dessert was then placed in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
 Once it looked to be baked to perfection, I took it out of the oven and added marshmallow pieces on top (mini marshmallows would have worked the best, but I only had the giant ones that I had to break into small pieces)
I then placed it under the broiler on high for 2 minutes, until the marshmallows were golden brown and melty. This might have been one of the greatest desserts I have ever made, if I do say so myself - absolutely delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment