"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dame lo que queiro

Tonight, straying from what I'm supposed to do for my new year's resolution, I felt like being super lazy and staying home to catch up on the episodes of Sex and the City that have been piling up on my DVR, along with finishing Inglourious Basterd, which I started the night before. The movie was quite intense, but I enjoyed the wonderful European-ness. I ended up having a major desert craving mid-movie watch, so I decided to bake myself some s'more brownies, while having a jam sesh to some wonderful Spanish music because the movie inspired me to reconnect with my love for the genre. Yes I know, I'm super cool for spending my Saturday night at home baking and rocking out, but sometimes I think I just need some of these nights to keep my sanity during the busy school week.  And, those brownies were definitely quite delightful if I do say so myself.
 The crust of these delicious s'more brownies starts with melting a stick of butter, because butter makes everything better.
 Next, mix in 4-5 graham crackers, roughly broken.
 Add in a little vanilla, along with about 3 tablespoons of brown sugar and mix.
 Spread the mixture in an 8x8 pan
 Once the mixture is spread, bake at 350 degrees
I baked the crust while making the brownie batter, plus a few extra minutes. You want it to be slightly golden, but not too dry.
 For the batter, I used a box following the directions, but I added in about a cup of mini marshmellows and 1/2 a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
 Spread the batter over the crust to create two delightful layers.
 I baked it following the box's directions, which was for about 40 minutes.
So I had a little trouble getting the first piece out of the pan intact, but I prefer eating these brownies with a fork anyways. On cold winter days such as today, summer inspired brownies are exactly what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment