"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's just a little lullaby

Me, caught in the act of taking a nice nap, big suprise... not.
Every night as I lay my head down on my pillow to go to sleep, I always turn on my sleep playlist to lull myself into a slumber. The songs have essentially stayed the same in the few years that I've had it, with a few new additions as time has gone on. I've become so accustomed to this playlist that whenever I hear a song from it I have the urge to take a nap. This combination of songs is perfect for afternoon naps, along with random times where you need soothing or even homework sessions (although I've been known to fall asleep while doing homework, whoops). I recently played my playlist for my friends at our new year's sleepover, and they all loved it. So seeing as I'm not the only one who enjoys it, here are some of my top favorites from the playlist for your future sleeping enjoyment:

Gavin's Song, Marc Broussard
To Be Alone With You, Sufjan Stevens
In Your Atmosphere, John Mayer
No Pares, R.B.D.
Sleeping to Dream, Jason Mraz
The Nearness Of You, Norah Jones
Crazy Love, Van Morrison
Every Little Bit Hurts(Live), Alicia Keys
Droplets, Colbie Caillat and Jason Reeves
Breakdown, Deerheart
The House That Built Me, Miranda Lambert
Lasting Impressions, The Starting Line
Skinny Love, Bon Iver
Fireflies, Ron Pope
Nicest Thing, Kate Nash
Yellow(acoustic), Coldplay
Let It Be Me, Ray LaMontagne
Hear You Me, Jimmy Eat World
The Blower's Daughter, Damien Rice
Careless (Acoustic Version), Jason Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment