"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Saturday, August 6, 2011

leave the light on

My friends and I had our final dinner date before one of my best friends leaves for college at our normal favorite place, Noodles and CO., tonight. Can you say bittersweet? I can't even believe the summer is basically over. I made my summer to-do list in the beginning of the summer, with some expectations, but even though some of these plans have changed, I've loved every random moment of this summer, even the unexpected ones, as follows:

1. Trying all of the sundaes on the menu a 24 hour diner in Plymouth, Zack's, with my sister. We have three left!
2. Power walks with my sister's best friend, without my sister. We had never really hung out just the two of us until this summer, but now we spend a lot of time together. I'm going to miss her when we go to school!
3. Getting invited last minute to the Katy Perry concert, and singing/dancing to every song at the concert.
4. Actually enjoying my summer reading for school.
5. Late night drives with my sister jamming out to "Someone Like You" by Adele and "Super Bass" by Nicki Minaj.
6. Searching with my nana for her wedding dress in her basement, and looking at all the forgotten treasures along the way.
7. Staying in my pj's all day being lazy,
8. And changing out of them in the evening for an intense workout with my best friends.
9. Bargain hunting for dorm room decorations with my mom.
10. Growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment