"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Thursday, August 4, 2011

you can't make your heart feel something that it won't

The fact that we are four days into August is still mind blowing to me. The summer is flying by and I feel like I haven't really done anything (except for getting lots of college stuff). I am now trying to enjoy my last few days of summer with my friends (one of my best friends leaves in a little over a week!), along with the following:

1. For lugging my school stuff around campus, I bought a backpack, in the kelly green. Okay, I admit that it might be a bit too Spartan ready, but the green is just such a happy color that I couldn't pass it up.

2. I went into the Lilly Pulitzer store today, and obviously the preppiness rekindled my love for Unabashedly Prep, an adorable preppy blog.

3. On a hangout session with my friends the other day, they had disbelief that I like country music, even though it's one of my top favorite genres. Promptly after this, I had to confirm my beliefs that I in fact do love country, so I've been having some jam seshes to "Heart like Mine" by Miranda Lambert and "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry. Nothing beats summer drives with the windows down and country music blaring.

4. It's been cooling down a bit here in the mitten, so I've been throwing some summer weight sweaters with shorts (I can't bring myself to wear pants in the summer). I would love to add this to my collection.

5. I want to get in lots of baking in before I leave for school (although I might regret it later once I eat all the treats). In the cookie world, I would love to make these.  For some delicious brownies, these and these need to be in my oven right now so I could devour them. I just might have to make them all in the next few weeks, along with some of my classic favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment