"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer is all in bloom

 I can officially mark an item off of my summer to-do list! As a celebration for one of my best friend's birthday, we traveled to the Arb in Ann Arbor and had a perfect little outing sitting amongst the peonies. We hit the peonies at the perfect time, their blooms are so fragrant and beautiful.
 I packed our treats in this picnic basket, and of course I just had to tie on a lavender bow!
 We got sandwiches from Amer's  in Ann Arbor. I got a chicken with pesto sandwich, which was absolutely delicious.
 I'm in love with the pure happiness found on the birthday girl's face! I made my favorite cupcakes as a nice dessert to our meal.
 Make a wish
 We just couldn't resist a cupcakes cheers.
 We spent the rest of our time gazing at the beautiful blooms. I loved these purple ones!
The view from our spot
The outing went by way to quickly, but thankfully my friends and I decided we are going to go on a picnic again this summer. I'm looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment