"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Thursday, February 10, 2011

This sweetness will not be concerned with me

Being the second semester senior that I am, instead of doing my homework this afternoon I decided to bake my favorite desert ever, chocolate cream cheese filled cupcakes. This was my first time making them myself becuase usually my mom only ever makes them for me. They were so easy to make, and even better to eat!
 I had some adorable leopard print cupcake holders, so obviously I had to use them.
 Prepare a boxed cake via the directs on the back. Use a ladle to ladle into the holders.
 I like to make my cupcakes extra large, so I fill them a little more than 3/4 of the way. Make sure to leave enough room for the cream cheese that will be added.

 For the cream cheese filling, mix 1 box of cream cheese that has been softened, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 cup of chocolate chips.
 Spoon about a tablespoon of the mixture into each cupcake.
 Bake as directed on the box. Allow to cool before making the frosting.
 For frosting, mix 1 stick of softened butter, about 3 cups of powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla and then gradually add in milk to make it the right consistency (about 1/2 cup, it should be the consistency of toothpaste). I added a few drops of red food coloring to make it a festive pink.
 Generously frost each one

The inside is just simply delightful. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment