"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Sunday, March 27, 2011

There is more to this I know

I blogged yesterday about baking a treat for my friend's birthday, and I decided on the Pink Lady Cake, only I made them in cupcake form because of the ease of travel (bringing and slicing a three layer cake in during seminar wouldn't turn out well). They turned out wonderfully girly, although the recipe makes a ton, so I would recommend making half of the recipe if you plan on making cupcakes out of it, unless you want 40 cupcakes. Here's how they are made: 

 The dry ingrediants, butter and strawberry puree mixture ended up filling up my normal large bowl, so I later had to expand to an even larger bowl (like I said, the recipe makes a lot of batter)
 The recipe describes this mixture to be of the consistancy of ice cream, but mine didn't turn out to be that creamy, more on the dusty side.
 I had a little trouble getting the egg whites separated from the yokes, but it was worth it for the light color and flavor.
 The batter comes out a little thicker than normal cake batter, but don't be alarmed it is normal.
 Scoop into holders and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
 I used my normal frosting recipe, found here, except I added in half of a package of softened cream cheese, and of course a few drops of red food coloring to get a light pink color.
I can't wait to dig into one of these pastel treats tomorrow!

1 comment: