"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Sunday, February 20, 2011

I came to dance dance dance dance

Yesterday, I helped my friend with the decorations for a benefit dance that she planned. It was held in the gym of the senior center in my town, so needless to say we needed to do a little sprucing up. We brainstormed some ideas the week before, and organized the supplies we needed beforehand to make decorating on the day of the dance run a little more smoothly. We had lots of help in putting the decorations up, so we got the gym decorated in a little over an hour. It was quite a success!

We started with one basic gym with the mission to make it look festive and fun.
 We used purple, orange and green crepe paper in spirals along the major wall of the gym to add a little pop of color. Bonus: crepe paper is super inexpensive.

The major focus of the decorating was spent on the other long wall of the gym along the pushed in bleachers. We hung icicle lights along the top of the bleachers, and twisted strands of lights up the poles. Purple, green and orange balloons were staggered along the bleachers to add a nice pop of color. For a final touch, we added large tulle bows on each of the poles. The completed look was perfect for the occasion, and it looked super cute once it got dark and the lights illuminated the gym.

My friends and I had tons of fun dancing, and obviously we love any opportunity to dress up (I wore the dress that I blogged about here). Afterwards I went and got a Shamrock Shake with my friend, because obviously we needed a little sip of March in a cup. It definitely feels like spring is coming!

1 comment:

  1. Just reading this now, and I just want to thank you again for doing such an amazing job decorating! It looked amazing, and I could not have done it without you! Hopefully you saw the shout-out to you in http://miracleleagueplymouth.org/index.php?q=node/74 :)

    ReplyDelete