"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Auld Lang Syne

I can't believe that 2010 is coming to an end. It's surreal to think of all the things that have changed in my life in the past year, and how even more things will be changing in 2011! Here's a review of my 2010:

In the first few months of 2010, my sister got engaged! We spent our time throwing an engagement party, looking for her bridal dress, and attending to the various other wedding activities.

In April, I took a trip to Palm Springs, CA with my parents. We had wonderful weather, delicious food, and amazing shopping, the only things I need in a vacation!
The landscaping and flowers at the La Quinta Resort were absolutely breath taking, as they have been on every trip we have made to Palm Springs.
 I occupied my spare time walking the grounds, when I wasn't tanning or shopping. 
The Mexican band that played at "Las Casuelas Nuevas", one of our favorite places to go in Palm Springs.

July was quite the eventful time for me. My family and I went up to Harbor Springs to celebrate the 4th of July. The boys golfed, and while my sisters, mom, and I went to our favorite antique fair that is always the weekend of the 4th of July. Mid-month I traveled to Madrid, Spain. I was there when the Spain won the World Cup, which was absolutely crazy!
Post-firework jumping session with my sisters and their boys.
Early morning in Madrid
The Royal Palace of Madrid
My roommates and I overlooking Toledo, Spain
 In the court yard of the Royal Palace
The bull ring of Madrid
 Walking through the street of El Escorial, a city outside of Madrid
 The most memorable moment of the trip: taking a tractor ride through a bull farm
The view from our room, and the last sunrise I saw in Madrid

In September, I started my senior year. It was a very busy month, with my sister's bachelorette party and her wedding showers. My oldest sister got engaged, making that two weddings to be planned within a year for my family! I also went to the Paramore concert with my friends. Paramore is one of my favorite bands, so obviously I left the concert without a voice.
Paramore on stage at Meadowbrook Hall in Rochester Hills, MI

In October, I turned 18 and became a real adult! I also was accepted to Michigan State University. Two weeks later, my sister got married. Talk about a great month!
 My sister was such a beautiful bride!
The bridal party

In November, I started my blog, and let me tell you, I am so happy that I did! Mid-November I received my acceptance to Loyola University in Chicago. I also had time to celebrate with my family on Thanksgiving and for my mom's birthday.
My sisters, brother in-laws (one soon to be), mom and I

In December, I continued to blog. I made these two times, and I gobbled them up both times. I spent Christmas with my family, and enjoyed every minute of it.
I got my nails done for Christmas in this festive color, off of the Burlesque line from OPI.
This was my first Christmas with only one sibling at home, but it was still wonderful.

2010 was a year filled with new family additions, new experiences, and a lot of fun. It has most definitely been the most exciting year in my 18 years of living, although I have a feeling 2011 might top it off. I am graduating high school, moving off to college (the school yet to be determined), and having my other sister get married. My life is just taking off and I am so excited for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment