"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I don't want to miss a single thing you do tonight

Today, the first day of December, was filled with a wonderful bit of Christmas cheer, and some wonderful snow flurries on my way to school.

Tomorrow is my best friend's eighteenth birthday, and of course I used this as an opportunity to make these brownie bites for our lunch! I took the lazy way out and used a box of brownies, although the recipe does give you the way to make them yourself. I then mixed in a generous amount of dark chocolate chips in order to give the brownies a little bit of an extra punch.
The brownies require a LOT of grease on the pan so they don't stick. I filled mine about to the top, only because I love to have everything a little bit over sized.
I had to stop myself from eating all of the batter because it just looked so delightful! The mix filled two small muffin tins, leaving a little bit left extra for the chef. I then baked them, but I actually ended up having to bake them for about 20 minutes, a little longer than the recipe said.
They came out baked to perfection!
I then made the chocolate covering, and obviously more chocolate on these brownies can only make life even better. Instead of using plain cream, I mixed hazelnut coffee cream with half and half in order to give the covering a little bit of extra punch. I then added in the corn syrup and microwaved it, again for a little bit longer than the recipe calls for.
Next, I added a generous amount of vanilla.
Then I roughly chopped some dark chocolate chips, and mixed them into the warm cream mixture.
The warm cream melted the chocolate, although I had to add a little bit of corn starch to thicken the mixture a bit.
Then the brownies got to take a chocolate bath, and who wouldn't love that right? I used a fork to dip them, and I cooled them on a baking rack with wax paper underneath to catch the drippings.
I finished them off with some birthday festive sprinkles. Needless to say, I can't wait to have these tomorrow!

Throughout my baking experience, listened to the Glee version of "Hey Soul Sister" on repeat, maybe thirty times in a row. After seeing it performed on the show last night, I was reminded how much I love that song. To make my re-obsession even stronger, my school's morning announcements featured it today, and my entire AP English class sang along... and I'm not even kidding when I say everyone. Talk about a fabulous start to my day, and a great start to December. Through all of this, it looks like it's going to be a simply delightful December.

2 comments:

  1. WHY AM I NOT HOME TO EAT THESE!?! i went to meijer today with jamie and my little gingerbread man just doesn't live up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So when are you going to take over Rachel Ray's show? I can't stand her, but I can stand you!

    ReplyDelete