"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Friday, December 31, 2010

Playing Favorites

As 2010 comes to a close today, here's a list of my favorite things from this year:

Song: "Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry because I have to stay true to my teenage heart and the memories that coincide with this song, mostly occurring in the fall of my senior year.

Meal: Grilled Lemon Chicken served with roasted vegetables, with pasta as a starter at an Argentinian restaurant in Madrid, Spain on July 19. It was the perfect meal to satisfy me from a long day of touring the city in the scorching heat. My mouth is watering as I just think about it.

Book: The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver, a book that was required summer reading for AP English, but I ended up devouring it as soon as I started it.

Moment: Watching my sister walk to the aisle and marry her now husband on October 16. I was such a mess when I started to walk down the aisle as a bridesmaid and I saw my sister's now husband standing at the end with a huge smile on his face. When I got to the pew and turned around to view my sister's entrance, she was absolutely beautiful.

Movie: "Valentine's Day", although some might say it was a total chick flick, I loved the cheesiness of the story. It is just such a feel good kind of movie.

Outfit: A black floral dress that I bought from Blanco in Madrid, paired with silver bracelets and my black moccasins for the first day of senior year. I will always remember my outfits that I wore for every first day of school, so this is my last one to remember. It was a warm day, but my school was chilly inside so the 3/4 length sleeves kept me warm enough, but I was still cool enough when I went outside.

Dessert: A peanut butter sauce and Oreo Flurry from Custard Time, where I work during the warmer months. Nothing says summer to me like having refreshing ice cream on hot days, even if it comes after hours of serving the endless lines. I may or may not have taken one home from a shift one too many times, but the fact that I can only have them for part of the year just adds to the deliciousness and the temptation.

Purchase: My purple Marc by Marc Jacobs side satchel, although my mom bought it for me, somewhat. We came to an agreement that if I would stay awake for my wisdom teeth extraction (being put to sleep was an extra $800), she would buy me the bag in compensation. I've worn that bag every day since I got the teeth out in April 20, and I have gotten so many complements on it.

Looking forward to most in 2011: Spring break in Dominican Republic with my best friends, graduation, college and new beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment