"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Thursday, October 13, 2011

i came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise, to fly

One of my favorite blogs, the rockstar diaries, features a "happy list" of ten or so things that are currently making her happy. I love to read the ones that she posts, and usually her happy lists end up making me smile. It feels so nice to make my own list of what is currently making me happy in order to appreciate the little things in life. Here's my current fall happy list:

1. Crunching through the golden leaves on the sidewalks on my way to class.
2. Weeknights spent in watching movies with my roommate. Last night we watched "500 Days of Summer", one of my favorites
3. Sipping on warm caramel apple cider while studying at the library.
4. Halloween candy
5. The indian summer that was hitting the mitten over the last week. It was so nice to actually have warmth and sunshine.
6. Dreaming of baking fall inspired desserts, such as this. I definitely will be making that on my next weekend at home!
7. Deciding on my Halloween costumes... I'm still undecided
8. Christmas music in less than a month.
9. Cozy socks on chilly nights.
10. The University of Michigan v. Michigan State football game is here in East Lansing on Saturday. I have friends coming here for it and I'm so excited to see our victory over the wolverines! GO GREEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment