"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Sunday, August 21, 2011

all by myself in the morning

Over the school year in my English class, we watched an excellent short film named God of Love. It won the Academy Award for best short film this year, and I must say it was well deserved. I purchased it over the summer, and I've watched it multiple times since; each time I watch it I love it. I love that it's black and white, and the film is just so well done that it makes me smile every single time. My favorite quote comes from the end, as follows:

"You can't control who you love. You can't control who loves you. You control how it happens, or when it happens, or why it happens. You can't control any of that stuff, but I can... I guess that why love doesn't make as much sense as it should, because well, I'm the god of love."

No comments:

Post a Comment