"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Sunday, July 3, 2011

& I'll be wearing white

Happy 4th of July weekend! This is most definitely one of my favorite holiday; I love being able to celebrate our wonderful country with my friends and family. Last summer, my family spent the weekend in northern Michigan, the best way to spend this holiday weekend. Although this year we aren't making the same trip to the north, here are some of my favorite ways to pay tribute to the beautiful USA during this weekend:

1. Wear a bit of red, white and blue all weekend
2. Attend a parade on the 4th
3. Cuddle up with your favorite American classic movie, even if what constitutes as an American classic means My Best Friend's Wedding
4. Catch fireflies in an old Mason jar
5. Cool off with a red, white and blue Popsicle
6. Decorate your desserts with mini American flags (cupcakes, brownie bites, etc)
7. Listen to country music nonstop
8. Search for some American treasures at at an antique fair (there's always a great one in Petoskey, MI over this weekend, which I am depressed that I am missing)
9. Go for a drive with your windows down
10. Hit up a diner for some late night favorites, including those french fries you always crave but never let yourself order
11. Have a water fight on the warmest day of the weekend
12. Indulge in a s'more
13. Say "God bless America" as many times as possible, and truly mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment