"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Monday, July 18, 2011

glitter in the air

Summer is in full swing, so I've been trying to take advantage of the wardrobe appropriate for warm weather as much as possible. Today I went for a semi nautical and preppy look, with a hint of American pride, but spiced up with a little indie flare, as seen below:
 My nails are painted a bright orange-red color, with gold sparkles added on to the corner of each ring finger.
 I layered two necklaces, including the "Libra" necklace that I received as a birthday gift from my sister.
 The sparkles on the shoulder of this classic navy and white striped tee add just the right amount of pizazz.
 This skirt, which I got for insane sale a few weeks ago, is perfectly feminine with the ruffled edge, but the stretchy material makes it casual enough for a day of shopping. 
The look was completed with a gold ring, to bring together my nails and necklaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment