"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

nicest thing

My sister is currently reading The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver, one of my all time favorite books. When she cracked it open, I started to refresh my memory of some of my favorite passages and chapters of the novel so I can discuss them with her as she gets to them. Although I read it last summer, the story seems so fresh in my mind. The words that Kingsolver weaves in the novel are effortless, and they truly last in your mind once they are absorbed. My favorite passage (or maybe top five) from the novel is as follows:

"Don’t expect God’s protection in places beyond God’s dominion. It will only make you feel punished....when things go badly, you will blame yourself....Don’t try to make life a mathematics problem with yourself in the center and everything coming out equal. When you are good, bad things can still happen. And if you are bad, you can still be lucky" The Poisonwood Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment