"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I won't spend the rest of my life running from everything that's right

Last night I went to one of my favorite concerts of my life. It's no secret that I love all of Ron Pope's music, so when I saw that he was coming to Ann Arbor I obviously jumped at the chance to see him live. The concert was at the Blind Pig, which is quite the small venue, which only made the concert that much more intimate. I went with my two best friends, and we were right up in the front row, literally able to touch the stage, and musicians. The other performers besides Ron were all amazing, and my friends and I all pretty much fell in love. We each bought one of their CDs and I honestly haven't stopped listening to them since last night. Oh, how I love finding new artists that are such gems!
 Ari Herstand has a unique style and he uses the looping technique in his songs which makes for a really cool performance. My favorite song that he performed would definitely be "Last Day". He was so charismatic and funny, you couldn't help but love him!
 Cam Nacson, an adorable Australian, opened up the show and I was literally swooning over his lyrics. My favorite song of his is "She" because it is so heart melting I can't even begin to explain.
 Zach Berkman was playing the keyboard for most of Ron's performance, but he also played a few of his original songs, which I loved. My favorite of his is "Valley". He signed my CD after the show, and included a picture of an ice cream cone with his message. Fate? Yes.
And of course, we can't forget the wonderful Ron Pope. Even though I've expressed my love for his music multiple times, I love him even more after seeing him live. Did I mention that I was an arm's length away from him when he was sitting at the keyboard? Yes

If you've never looked up the songs I've suggested, right now you really need to look these artists up. I'm obsessed and I know you will be too!

2 comments:

  1. charli you look adorable! and it sounds like it was tons of funnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish blog spot had a 'best thing ever' button

    ReplyDelete