"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Who loves you more?

It's been a wonderful almost spring weekend here in Michigan and I'm loving it. Aside from the beautiful weather, I've been pondering my college decision pretty much every minute of the weekend. I have three schools on my list, and all three are dramatically different, yet they all have their pros and cons. I am having major troubles deciding where I want to go, and I need to make this life changing choice in a little over a month. Here are my three choices, and my current lists of pros and cons for each school:

Michigan State University
Pros: the best of the three for a degree in education, a Big Ten school, an hour from home, in state tuition, a decent sized city with lots of things to do
Cons: the campus is huge, snow and cold, so many people from my high school will be there, the largest number of students at the school of the three, I'm not already in the school of education, and it's not going to be a huge change from my life now.

The University of San Diego
Pros: California weather, wonderful shopping in the area, absolutely beautiful campus, middle of the road for number of students, I would be able to work on my Spanish speaking more, all the students look really normal, and did I mention that I would never need to bundle up in layers to walk to class?
Cons: out of state tuition, far from home (4 hour plane ride away), and I've never actually been to the campus

Loyola University Chicago
Pros: fairly close to home (a 5 hour train ride or car ride away), the shopping that I could do in the city of Chicago, I'm already in the school of education, there would always be something to do, they have a campus in Rome to study abroad, and it's stepping out of my box and trying something new
Cons: out of state tuition (although I did get a scholarship to bring it down a bit), cold and snow, majority of the student body is made of girls, and I haven't visited the campus

Which school will I be happiest at? Help.... please?

No comments:

Post a Comment