"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Remember to breathe

It's back to being freezing and I am definitely not enjoying it. As a way to remedy the chilly weather, I made chocolate chip and heath cookies stuffed with an Oreo. Sound absolutely amazing, right? They were perfect to warm me up, especially with a tall glass of milk right out of the oven. Here's how they are made:
I made the cookie base with the recipe on the back of the chocolate chips. You can follow any recipe that you please, although they all are basically the same. I then added in 1 1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of crushed heath.
 Next, take one Oreo (mine were spring colored) and cover it with the cookie dough
 Fill in the top, bottom and sides of the cookie.
 Even the dough out around the cookie to make into a round form.
 Since they are so large, you will need to do more batches than normal
 Bake until golden brown.
 They are best served warm, with the chocolate chips and heath melted, and the Oreo soft.
Dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment