"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Days go by

Photo from This is NOT new
Today definitely felt like spring with the near sixty degree weather and the perfectly sunny sky. I took advantage of this beautiful day and spent my afternoon laying out on my front yard, even though the snow isn't completely melted, but it's nearly gone. Now that it's mid-March, I can safely say spring is on it's way. I love spring a little too much, but I can't help and not love it with all the happy moments that come from it, as follows:

1. Sunday afternoon bike rides around my neighborhood
2. Pulling on my sunglasses after the grey winter where they weren't needed
3. Grape Kool-Aid in a glass with lots of ice
4. Putting my favorite country songs back into my favorites because country music is the best when it's warm out
5. The first day of the year that is warm enough to wear a skirt or a dress without tights
6. Opening the windows in my room to air out after the long winter
7. Filling out my March Madness bracket in hopes that I will win our family competition, although I never am able to beat the basketball fan boys
8. Stopping by Starbucks on a Friday afternoon to get an iced latte and sit outside and talk with my friends
9. Trading my boots and winter coat for fun bright colored flats and a trench
10. Driving with the windows down and sunroof open

Happy (almost) Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment