"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

& it's not that I don't want to wait

The snow gods smiled upon me today and gave my school district a snow day! Now my weekend was extended to four days, and the school week is now only three days long. I feel like I have had a long time away from school, and here is how I've been spending that time

1. I bought my prom dress the other day, and I've been looking at it in my closet daily. I know, prom isn't until the end of May, but I saw it and loved it, so I just had to get it. It's exactly what I was looking for, but no, I will not say what it looks like! Now I just need to find shoes and accessories to go with it.

2. I went in the Kate Spade store today and fell in love, in love with a purse. The shade of pink is to die for, it's not too dark and not too bright. It's roomy enough to hold my purse essentials, but not too large that I would fill it with everything and the kitchen sink. Needless to say, I want this bag, very very badly.

3. Continuing on my Kate Spade and pink love affair, I also fell in love with a necklace on my visit to the store today. How could any girl not love pink rhinestones tied with a cream ribbon? The combination is a must have for my wardrobe. It would be perfect to wear for some of the special events that I have coming up in the spring, but seeing as I'm currently unemployed, I will just have to covet it until I go back to work in April.

4. I tried on this dress from Lily Pulitzer about a month ago, and ever since I've been wishing I bought it. I can picture Carrie Bradshaw rocking it through the streets of New York City, so obviously I just have to have it. It's on sale in the store, and they still have my size, but it hasn't been marked down any more since I tried it on the first time. When I saw it today I realized how much I really want it, but I'm going to wait to see if it gets marked down a little more.

5. I went on another Ron Pope song purchasing spree this afternoon. I'm going to his concert in Ann Arbor in April, so I decided that I needed to have more of his songs in my library so I can sing along to every song that he sings. I bought "Summer is Gone", "Home", "Stranded in Los Angeles" and "You're the Reason I Come Home", all of them the live versions from his Live and Unplugged In New York album. All I can say is that I'm pretty much obsessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment