"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Monday, January 17, 2011

Lasting Impressions

The Golden Globes were last night, and I must say the ladies sure did dazzle the red carpet! I love the awards season specifically because it is a great excuse for me to swoon over gorgeous gowns and jewels. This year, I was saw a trend in my loved ones to be in the peach and cream hues, along with lots of feminine details. Here are my favorites from this year's show:

Lea Michelle looking absolutely fabulous in a pink Oscar de la Renta gown. I love the pop of color that her cocktail ring adds too!
January Jones rocked this gorgeous Versace dress. I loved the styling she added with the perfect hair and makeup.
Emma Stone's peach dress was toned down for what I would have expected from her, but the clean lines of the look, mixed with the dramatic open back worked out perfectly.
 
I loved the sleeves on Leighton Meester's gown, and the print of the fabric adds so much to the design.

Only one word can describe Carrie Underwood's look: amazing. Maybe it's my love for everything that sparkles, but I just am in love with this dress.

1 comment:

  1. gah did you see scarlet johansson's dress?? so cute, similar color palette and the fun sleeves reminded me and tatum of liesl :) hahahha

    ReplyDelete