"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I just think that we'd get on

The musical stylings of Kate Nash always draw me into a wonderful visual story upon the first note. Her lyrics are so relatable, and in all of her songs you can pull out a moment in your life that would fit perfect to it. In particular, the song "We Get On"* makes me picture the girl, and the wardrobe she might have. She would have tons of British swag, as anyone from England would naturally have. I picture her to be a little bit quirky, wearing lots neutrals mixed with muted blues. I especially have a clear vision of her at the party, where "everyone they were kinda arty" wearing a girly dress, similar to the one below. The girl who wishes that that they might get on would dress as seen,


01. Lacquered Flower Earrings, Forever 21
02. Super Eyeglasses Ciccio Frames, Madewell
03. Cream Antique Style Lace Vest, Topshop
04. DV by Dolce Vita 'Pascal' Bootie, Nordstrom
05. If You Pleats Dress, Modcloth
06. Multi-Bead Bracelet, Delia's
07. Ethnic Detail Stone Ring, Arden B.
08. Grosgrain Petal Headband, Forever 21
09. Waterfall Drape Shorts, Topshop
10. Top Choice Bow Crossbody Bag, Nordstrom

*This song also has a tendency to make me belt it out every single time, particularly "and my friends were like whatever you'll find someone better..." until the end, seeing as it is so heartfelt, you just have to sing out out

No comments:

Post a Comment