"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Friday, November 19, 2010

Warmth of the Sand

Today was a particularly chilly day, and this cold weather had me thinking of how much I miss the warmth of summer and sunshine. This weeekend, I'm going to channel my inner summertime vibe.

Here's my top five ways to bring summer to the winter:
1. Listen to songs that warm your heart, such as "Sweet Thing" by Van Morrison, or "Better Together" by Jack Johnson.
2. Spice up your outfit with a fun scarf, seen here
3. Plan a getaway to a warm weather place, even if you know you won't be taking it. Thoughts of beaches will warm you up.
4. Cook up a summer inspired meal, such as this
5. Have a Latin music dance party and channel your inner Gloria Estefan

If all else fails, cozy up with a warm blanket, hot chocolate and a Christmas movie, and think warm thoughts.


2 comments: