"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Thursday, November 18, 2010

I love the color of it all

This morning as I was getting dressed in a nearly all black outfit I came to a realization: the best way to get a pulled together look in a snap is to dress in monochromatic black. Whenever I’m in need of an outfit when I have little time, I always pull on a black top and black pants, and recently I’ve been topping it off with my black leather jacket. There’s something so alluring in donning all black. It makes me feel a little bit more of a bad girl than I actually am. I also love drawing in a pop of color to these outfits by adding in a bright colored scarf, belt or headband. These outfits never fail for dinner with friends, shopping on the weekend, or even a dreary Thursday at school. I can’t help but love the the dramatic effect a little color adds to an outfit.

The color of all of these  five will certainly make an impact:
1. A bright rinestone ring
2. A scarf in a contrasting tone
3. Rain boots to add color to a rainy day
4. Hold your gear in a fall-toned satchel
5. A slouchy hat to cover up dreary day hair

Now even on dark days you might be able to add some color to your outfit to spice the day up, but you still need to indulge in some dreary music to bring you out of that funk. My personal favorite for these days is "My Heart" by Paramore. Not only will it help brighten a dreary day by letting you belt out your feelings, but it will also help you channel the inner rebel of the black outfit, and that would be just what the doctor ordered.

1 comment:

  1. That scarf is so expensive!!! I personally dislike scarves because I feel like I'm being choked.

    ReplyDelete