"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ho Ho Hopefully

I am so happy to say that the holiday season is here! I went out shopping yesterday and I was absolutely delighted to see all the storefronts decorated with sparkles, fur, and of course, lots of green and red. There is just something about the holiday season that fills me with so much cheer, and of course I relish in every minute of it.

My iPod is filled with my massive amount of Christmas music because of my Christmas obsession. Somehow I find it makes Monday morning more bearable when I wake up to Dave Matthews singing "The Christmas Song" over my normal, year round music. Last year, my favorite addition to my collection was The Maine's "... And a Happy New Year - EP." Their cover of "Last Christmas" is simply wonderful, and their original songs are so clever that I always put them on repeat. This year I have yet to add any new songs to my collection, but I plan on buying the Glee Christmas CD.

I am SO excited for the upcoming Thanksgiving weekend, as the holidays will then be in full swing. I plan on doing some baking with my sister while she is home from college, hopefully making this to spice up our normal apple pie for our meal on Thursday. The thought of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and green beans is making my mouth water, even now. Thursday can't come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment