"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Sunday, November 28, 2010

My world is filled with cheer

What a weekend! I feel like I spent no time relaxing at home, although last week that is all I wished to do over the break. Yesterday I spent the day with my mom for her birthday. We went out shopping, and then later we went out to dinner with the rest of my family and my grandparents. My Nana gave my mom a bag of pine cones to decorate with (really), and it reminded me how much cheer they can add to a room!

Now that Thanksgiving weekend is over, I am looking forward to dressing up for the parties that will come in December. I treated myself to a few items at the mall this weekend, including this and this (I plan to put a more conservative top underneath though). I figured you never know when an event that requires a festive outfit might come up, so I might as well just buy them both.

To complete my holiday looks, I want to buy a some new accessories. These earrings would add just the right amount of cheer to any outfit, and I love to wear green during the holidays instead of the usual red choice. I would love to buy these shoes to spice up my everyday looks for school, however they may not be the most practical choice. The holidays are a time for giving, but I also want to treat myself for the past year. I've gotten into college, survived my sister's wedding planning, and still managed to work and have fun with my friends through it all. I deserve to treat myself for working hard this year right?

No comments:

Post a Comment