"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Paint it golden with the sunrise

On my snow day today I decided to take advantage of my new found free time to give my nails a little bit of a pick me up. Even though ceramics kills my nails, I still always try to keep them looking somewhat presentable. Inspired by Julia Styles's dress, which I blogged about here, I decided to try an ombré effect on my nails.
I used Essie's "Silk Crepe" and OPI's "Bubble Bath" because I found it to be a combination that is bright and cheery, but it doesn't look too intense.
 Paint the darker shade at the nail bed to about 1/3 of the way up the nail.
 Wait about 30 seconds and then use the lighter color to fade to the tip of your nail. Leave the very edge of the nail bed with the first color plain, allowing for extra brightness.
The result: a fading of the two colors that will definitely brighten your mood. Finnish with a top coat to add an extra gloss.

Note: It took me five tries to actually get a result of color combination and fading that I liked. It's helpful to test out a few different combinations before you commit to painting all of your nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment