"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Brand new day

Now that it's February, I'm ready to start spicing up my wardrobe with a few new spring inspired pieces. I obviously know that I won't be wearing any sun dresses or tank-tops soon, but paired with the right pieces, a few select spring items can be easily worked in. Florals and pastels just bring out the spring mood in me, and I've been dying to wear them since January 1. Thankfully, Mr. Groundhog predicted an early spring, so I can actually justify my spring shopping, maybe..


1. Split Sleeve 70's Dress, Topshop, this dress would look adorable with some brown tights & boots for now, and sandals when it gets warmer
2. 3-D Rose Wallet, Forever 21, the rosettes will add enough spice to the wallet, while still being neutral enough for every day use
3. Sperry Top-Sider, Nordstrom, Sperrys are always a classic with anything
4. Wood Rope Necklace, Metropark, this necklace would spice up a plain neutral sweater or shirt
5. Fleamarket Scarf, Madewell, a fun bright scarf such as this under your normal winter coat will certainly add some pizazz to a dreary Saturday shopping outfit.
6.True Brit Skirt, Modcloth, paired with a bright cardi and matching bright tights for now, and a plain tank for the days ahead
7. Cafe Exhibition Top, Modcloth, toss this shirt on with jeans and a blazer for an instant pop of color
8. Embellished Fabric Cuff, Topshop, the eggshell blue in the cuff will stand out paired with your usual go to black sweater

No comments:

Post a Comment