"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Don't look; fate can only find you

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! We are having a little party at my house tonight and my parents decided to make white chicken chili as the main course. I took the opportunity to make guacamole as an appetizer to go along with the Mexican theme. I absolutely love avocados on basically anything, and guacamole is definitely one of my favorite ways to prepare it. I use a recipe based on this one from Ina Garten.
First, chop the onion, garlic and tomato. I use white onion instead of red, but the same amount as in the recipe.
 Find avocados that are nice and soft on the outside, yet still a little firm on the inside.
 Run your knife through the avocado to roughly chop and then add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
 Instead of Ina's 1 lemon, I used the juice of one lime.
 Chop about a tablespoon of cilantro and mix in. I usually do this right before I serve it to get the nice aroma in my kitchen.
 Homemade guacamole is best serves with a fresh tortilla chip.
Yum yum yum!

Have a safe and fun Super Bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment