"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Thursday, July 21, 2011

i can feel a hot one

It's extremely hot here in the mitten, and when I say that there is no exaggeration. As a way to beat the heat, I made myself a banana split as a little evening dessert. I must say it was absolutely delicious; I devoured every last bite, and it kept me nice and cool.
Banana splits are obviously only top notch when they are made in the actual dishes, and I just happen to have a set that used to be my grandma's.
I had one banana left, and it was the perfect ripeness.
 My sister had just made banana ice cream, so I added one scoop of that to my treat.
 For my second scoop, I added chocolate ice cream.
 YUM
 Next, I added dark chocolate syrup over the ice cream.
 One strawberry added the perfect amount of sourness to the sundae.
 I sliced it into a few small pieces.
 To top it off, I sprinkled the top with coconut.
The end result: the perfect treat for a scorching evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment