"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I see the stars in black and white

 Today I took on making purple cupcakes and it actually worked out! One minor setback, my hand mixer is broken, so I had to mix the cake mix by hand. It wasn't as dreadful as I expected, and I absolutely love how purple the cupcakes turned out to be!
 My sister had this decorating paste that I added to my cake mix.
 I added a generous amount of the coloring to a white cake mix and made as directed on the box
 I had these delightful purple with white polka dot cupcake holders which just added to the purple theme.
 For a girl who is obsessed with the color purple, how could I not love these?
 I used my normal frosting recipe, but had some added difficulty with my lack of a hand mixer.
YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment