"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Sunday, April 3, 2011

You're the reason I come home

Sorry I've been neglecting the blog lately, I just have been quite the busy bee. It's been a wonderful weekend filled with work, shopping and a touch of relaxation. Below are my favorite moments from the weekend:

1. Custard Time opened this week and I spent my evenings on Friday and Saturday working. Although it feels like the arctic circle outside, people are still flocking to get their ice cream fix. It feels like I never left the place; my co-workers and I all fell right back into the swing of working and catching up on our lives over the winter. I'm so happy to be back!

2. I'm reading All the King's Men for AP English, which I am in love with. This weekend I'm reading a major section of the novel, but I'm enjoying every minute of it. Every so often there will be a very deep and philosophical paragraph that will cause a moment of reflection about it, and each of them are truly moving.

3. I've narrowed my college choices down between Michigan State and USD, but I still can't decide between the two... and I'm still hoping and praying that University of Michigan will accept me sometime soon.

4. On Friday I went shopping to my favorite store Rococo, and once again I just had to make a purchase. This time I bought a pink silk top along with black and white high waisted shorts, both of which I plan on bringing to Dominican Republic (in two weeks!).

5. Sunday mornings are my favorite time of the week, and of course this Sunday was no exception. I woke up a little before church giving me time to sit and chat with my parents, while indulging in our Sunday morning coffee and listening to our favorite radio special "Over Easy" on 94.7. Sunday mornings like this are so relaxing and simply comforting, and they will definitely be missed next year when I'm away at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment