"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Thursday, March 10, 2011

You know I'd come running

I have the winter blues today in the dreary Michigan weather. To add a little fun to my next outfit, I plan on wearing a bright colored scarf tied in my hair. I chose the one pictured above, which is borrowed from my mom's many scarves.
Start with any light weight scarf, I find that silk or chiffon scarves work the best. Lay it out flat.
Fold it diagonally, with the printed side on the outside.
Fold the point down
Continue to fold in half, making sure to keep the major part of the print visible.
Lift the scarf, keeping it folded
Place the middle on your forehead, and bring the ends to the nape of your neck.
Cross at the nape of your neck and bring the ends to your forehead and tie. If you have excess ends you can tuck them under the scarf
If you wish to wear your hair down, your look is complete, perfect for a night out or an afternoon of shopping when you want your hair out of your face.
If you wish to put your hair up with this look, tease the hair directly behind the scarf to ample volume.
Secure hair in a high ponytail.
The look is complete! The color of the scarf will brighten up your face on these last days of winter. Even better for days when you are sick of having your hair in a drab ponytail, yet you still get the functionality and ease of a regular ponytail.

No comments:

Post a Comment