"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Monday, February 28, 2011

It ends tonight

The Academy Awards were on last night, the last show of the award season. Even though I'm sad to see the season come to a close, the Oscars always hold some of the greatest fashions. I had my eye on a few dresses last night, as seen below:
 Natalie Portman looked like a blushing mom-to-be in this gorgeous raspberry colored dress. She finally got the right look for the Oscars after some not so great looks the past award shows this year. And to top it all off, she won for best actress for her work in Black Swan (I admit it, I cried during her acceptance speech).
 At first I wasn't sold on Cate Blanchett's architectural gown, but the more I look at it the more I love it. It's definitely more of a high fashion look, but for who she is, it works. I love the pop of yellow on the shoulders.
 I'm obsessed with Hailee Steinfeld's look. It is so youthful and fun, yet she doesn't look like a little girl. How could you not want to wear that dress and spin around?
My favorite look of the night would definitely be that of Mila Kunis. For one thing, the dress is gorgeous, with the lace detailing and delightful lavender shade. Also, her hair was beautiful, although you can't see the detail in the back in this picture. The entire look was simply flawless.

No comments:

Post a Comment