"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Fear is the heart of love

Finals week means half days for me, something that I love. I am all done with my finals, so I don't have anything to worry about for tomorrow school wise. I occupied my day today in the perfect way shopping, food and sleep, as seen below:
 My friends and I went out for lunch today, and then after I went to Target and bought this dress which was such a steal for only $17! I can't wait to style this dress with a bright cardi and some sandals. It just might be awhile before that happens considering we have snow on the ground still.
For a nice relaxing afternoon, I obviously always light a candle in my room. I have a slight obsession with lighting candles, sometimes I will have three lit at one time. Perhaps it might be a slight fire hazard, but they are just so cozy! I also filled up a bowl with some pretzel m&m's to munch on in my room, which was a bad idea because I'm pretty sure I ate half of them already.
I indulged in a nice stack of magazines this afternoon, and then that promptly turned into a nap once I finnished reading the new issue of Glamour. Why does that always happen to me?

I am able to blame my napping on my sleep playlist, which has a few new additions recently. These new additions include "Just Another Old Love Song" by Joe Purdy, "re:Stacks" by Bon Iver, and "I Will Follow You Into The Dark" by Death Cab For Cutie, which is making a strong comeback in my life. I used to be obsessed with this song, and I took a little break from it for the past year. I have recently reconnected with it and it's perfect to be back. It's probably the hopeless romantic in me, but I always wish to have someone serenade me with this song, and sing to me "if there's no one beside you when your soul embarks, then I'll follow you into the dark."

No comments:

Post a Comment