"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Thursday, December 23, 2010

The ties that never end will bring us home again

My lack of blogging recently has been due to an obsessive amount of Christmas cheer and exhaustion due to consuming an unhealthy amount of Christmas treats. I've been running around the past few days getting the last of my shopping done, along with doing ALL of my mom's wrapping. Although it wasn't the most fun I've ever had, it was nice to be able to spend some time hanging out with my sister. The remainder of my time these past few days has been filled with the following five:

1. I made another variation of these brownie bites for a Christmas party with my friends on Monday, except this time I added crushed up peppermint on top to make them festive. I had about ten because I have zero will power. My gym trip the following day definitely was needed.

2. I went out to dinner with some friend from work, and I couldn't help but love the festive decorations that I saw on my way! I'm such a sucker for garland and lights. Walking through my downtown just makes feels so homey, and I love that it feels like that for me.

3. I've finally caught up on General Hospital and I am absolutely LOVING it at the moment. I went on a song downloading spree yesterday of songs featured on the show. I bought "Eyes of Grace" by Enation, which was featured a few weeks ago on the show. I also bought "Home Again" by Deana Jay, which is the love song for Sonny and Brenda. I've been listening to them nonstop ever since. The Christmas cheer that is currently on the show is so wonderful, along with the love stories that are happening as well. Yesterday while watching it my mom and I both cried! Extremely sad that General Hospital makes us cry, but it can't be helped.

4. My sister's best friend gave me this cookbook for Christmas in hopes to give me inspiration for blogging (How nice is she?). The book has 100 recipes that are centered around one simple cake recipe. I cannot wait to make every recipe in here!

 One perfectly grilled cheese burger
 Onion rings and french fries, yum!
Clean "plate" club!
5. I went to my favorite burger place, Miller's Bar, today for lunch. They don't have plates or silverware, which only adds to the allure of the place. They have the absolute best burgers I've ever had in my life. Add in some delicious onion rings and french fries to complete the meal, and you will for sure be an extremely full person. I definitely scarfed mine down, whoops.

Less than two days until Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment