"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sweet Thing

Today I learned four life lessons, none of which will really enhance my quality of life, but all of which made me evaluate my day.


 Butter, sugar and vanilla... yum!
Combining the ingredients, aka making it more delicious
 Perfectly festive
 Ready to bake, or ready to eat
Done!
One. I learned that I have absolutely no will power when it comes to cookie dough. I made M&M cookies for the teachers at school for a National Honor Society event, but in doing so I just about ate half of the dough. It was just so good, I couldn't resist. Whoops...


 One delightful looking pomegranate
 Cut open
 Taking the seeds out. Be warned, they will fly in a thousand directions around your kitchen.
One bowl full of seeds, perfect to put in my morning oatmeal tomorrow!

Two. Pomegranates are the most annoying food ever. I bought one the other day because I love to eat them, but this was my first time manually getting the seeds out. I might have gotten about a third of the seeds on my floor, but I was still able to get fill my bowl with seeds. I can't wait to have them tomorrow morning!

Three. My Van Morrison station on Pandora is about the greatest station ever. I listened to it during my baking and pomegranate session today, and it definitely made the time pass by extra fast. I had a nice mixture of Jack Johnson, Ray Charles and Tracy Chapman, to name a few.

Four. In a choice between homework and my Blackberry, the latter will always, always win. Although I do love reading for AP English a lot, there are always tons of more interesting things occurring on my Blackberry. It's a sad fact, but it's very true.

1 comment: