"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"
- John Mayer

Monday, December 27, 2010

Sometimes is never quite enough

I recently saw the movie "Black Swan" and I fell in love with the wardrobe! I loved how Nina was always perfectly dressed in light colored ballet clothes, and Lily effortlessly throws together outfits in dark hues. The contrast between light and dark in the movie is beautiful. Oh, and the dress that Nina wears to the party with the ballet company is absolutely flawless! The storyline of the movie is kind of mind blowing, with Nina's struggle to find perfection and her loss of reality. The entire time I was watching I wanted to take ballet, but seeing as my dance career lasted about two years, I'm thinking I wouldn't be too successful. Perhaps I can just dress the part, channeling my inner black and white swans.


1. Giddy in Pink Top, Modcloth
2. Beaded Braids Headband, Forever 21
3. Spiced Vanilla Coat, Modcloth
4. Leg Warmers, Dance Wear Solutions
5. Flash, Kate Spade
6. Edie Earrings, Modcloth
7. Lips in Rio Rio, Topshop
8. Faux Sheepskin Biker Jacket, Topshop
9. Classic Q Little Ukita, Marc by Marc Jacobs
10. Erica Dress by Motel, Topshop
11. Trouve 'Focus' Bootie, Nordstrom
12. Teardrop Beaded Earrings, Forever21

No comments:

Post a Comment